I created this scroll for a post a couple years ago but thought there might be a few who just can’t come up with the right line for their valentine. Here are 50 from the past that you can pick and choose from. Please …don’t confine yourself to only one …wonder awaits!
I hope you enjoy 50 Shades of Love, and Happy Valentine’s Day with love to all.
50 Shades of Love from Paul Mark Sutherland
- Life is the flower for which love is the honey. —Victor Hugo
- Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. —Plato
- The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. —Nicholas Sparks
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them. —Mother Teresa
- Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. —Elbert Hubbard
- Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. —Robert A. Heinlein
- You don’t love someone because of their looks or their clothes or their car. You love them because they sing a song only your heart can understand. —L.J. Smith
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. —Judy Garland
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. —Lao Tzu
- Where there is love there is life. —Mahatma Ghandi
- Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality. —Emily Dickinson
- When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others… —John Lennon
- I love you, and it’s getting worse. —Joseph Morris
- I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees. —Pablo Neruda
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. —Aristotle
- If you love someone, put their name in a circle not a heart, because a heart can be broken, but a circle goes on forever. —Brian Littrell
- If I had a flower for every time I thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever. —Alfred Tennyson
- Love is a game that two can play and both win. —Eva Gabor
- I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul.
- When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth. —Jess C. Scott
- Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new. —Ursula K. LeGuin
- There’s this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It’s the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me. —Gretchen Kemp
- Come sleep with me, we won’t make love, love will make us. —Julio Cortázar
- Morning without you is a dwindled dawn. —Emily Dickinson
- Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.
- The great tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love.
—W. Somerset Maugham
- Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone. —Mitch Albom
- Where there is great love, there are always miracles. —Willa Cather
- Sometimes it’s a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence. —David Byrne
- I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary. —Margaret Atwood
- I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses…the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life…to lie in your arms as I take my last breath. —Lisa Kleypas
- If I know what love is, it is because of you. —Hermann Hesse
- One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love. —Sophocles
- Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth, ‘You owe me.’ Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky. —Hafiz
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. —Mother Teresa
- Who, being loved, is poor? —Oscar Wilde
- Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself. —Leo Buscaglia
- I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.
- If you have love, you don’t need to have anything else, and if you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter much what else you have. —James Barrie
- Love is the strongest force the world possesses, and yet it is the humblest imaginable. —Mahatma Gandhi
- Love is a flower that grows in any soil, works its sweet miracles undaunted by autumn frost or winter snow, blooming fair and fragrant all the year, and blessing those who give and those who receive. —Louisa May Alcott
- The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough is love. —Henry Miller
- To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three-parts dead.
- The soul that can speak through the eyes can also kiss with a gaze.
—Gustavo Adolfo Becquer
- How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach. —Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. —Oscar Wilde
- In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities. —Janos Arany
- I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
- I will love you always. When this red hair is white, I will still love you. When the smooth softness of youth is replaced by the delicate softness of age, I will still want to touch your skin. When your face is full of the lines of every smile you have ever smiled, of every surprise I have seen flash through your eyes, when every tear you have ever cried has left its mark upon your face, I will treasure you all the more, because I was there to see it all. I will share your life with you …and I will love you until the last breath leaves your body or mine. —Laurell K. Hamilton